Our accommodation is like your home away from home – with stunning lake and mountain views from nearly every window.
Reg and Jo are happy to welcome you to stay in our comfortable, self-contained house.
We have lived in Manapouri since 1994 and are both born and bred Southlanders.
For the past 21 summer seasons we have offered guided kayaking tours to Doubtful Sound – time this season to take a step back and reduce our summer workload with the sale of this part of our business.
We will still be offering kayak rentals on Lake Manapouri and also look forward to offering scheduled and ‘on demand’ cruises on the lake.
This year we were fortunate to be able to purchase 46 Cathedral Drive – this place of accommodation is well situated for your stay in the area.
Why not make your stay here a very special memory.
• Is surrounded by stunning natural views of the mountains and Lake Manapouri
• Is situated 2 minutes’ walk to the local bistro for restaurant meals, pizza and takeaways.
• Is 5 minutes’ walk down a forested track to the lake shore at Frasers Beach.
• Is 15 minutes’ walk or 2 minutes’ drive from Pearl Harbour – departure point for Doubtful Sound tours.
• Is an easy 20 minutes’ drive to Te Anau which has 2 large supermarkets along with the DOC visitor centre, banks and other shopping requirements (Manapouri does have a local store for general supplies).
• Is 2 – 2.5 hours’ drive to Milford Sound – the ideal location to make this a day trip.
• Is an ideal location to explore the surrounding area. See Fiordland
Luxurious accommodation on the doorstep of the world heritage Fiordland National Park.
Again we look forward to meeting you and wish you a safe and enjoyable visit to the area.
Our kayak and cruise service can be found at http://kayaksandcruises.co.nz/